SW Health Clinic ADDRESS
816 SW 64th Terrace
Gainesville, FL 32607
SW Health Clinic HOURS:
Monday – Friday
8 AM to 5 PM
Does your child fall in the insurance gap? In other words, does your child neither qualify for Medicare/Medicaid nor receive private insurance coverage? If so, we have funding to provide basic physicals and basic dental checkups and services for children at the clinic. Please see the details on the flyer below on how to sign up. This funding is only for children, and the services must be performed at the SW Health Clinic.Free-Medical-Services-for-Children
FREE COVID-19 testing is available at the SW Health Clinic on Mondays and Fridays. Call 352-334-7910 to make an appointment. When you call, be sure to specify you want COVID-19 testing at the SW Health Clinic. Otherwise, you will be scheduled for the drive-thru site.
For information about vaccines available to Alachua County residents, call 352-334-8810. You can call any day between 8:00 am and midnight. A DOH representative will call back when vaccines are available.
How to Prepare
- Call the clinic to make an appointment. Some walk-in spots are available but call ahead to confirm.
- Bring identification. A picture ID is preferred, but if no picture ID is available, other forms of ID such as voter registration card, birth certificate, hospital records, pay stub, etc. will be accepted.
- If you have health insurance, bring any applicable insurance cards.
- Bring income verification. For example, this could include pay stubs, a DCF/Food Stamp Award Letter, or a letter from a family member or friend. If your job was recently terminated, bring a final paycheck or statement on company letterhead that you are no longer employed.
- To get your appointment, complete the Dental Services Pre-eligibility Screening (health history questionnaire/ financial need assessment) at the clinic.
- Dental walk-ins are available once per morning, once per afternoon. Walk-ins will be first-come-first-served and for emergencies only. Hours are 8-5, with a one-hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
- STD testing and treatment
- Family planning (birth control prescribing & dispensing)
- HIV testing
- Adult physicals
- Clinical care
- WIC services (Thursdays)
- Pediatric services
- Birth certificates and related services
- Low-cost dental services
- Comprehensive exams
The SW Health Clinic cannot accommodate non-medical volunteers at this time. If you are a doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, dentist, dental assistant, or another medical professional interested in volunteering, contact Brad Caron at Brad.Caron@flhealth.gov or fill out our “Contact Us” form. Please make sure that you let us know that you are interested in volunteering at the SW Health Clinic (not the main branch of the health department, or the resource center) so that you will get properly connected.