SW Health Clinic ADDRESS
816 SW 64th Terrace
Gainesville, FL 32607
SW Health Clinic HOURS:
Monday – Friday
8:00 am-5:00 pm
Closed on state holidays
*This schedule is subject to change; call for current schedule*
Does your child fall in the insurance gap? In other words, does your child neither qualify for Medicare/Medicaid nor receive private insurance coverage? If so, we have funding to provide basic physicals and basic dental checkups and services for children at the SW Health Clinic. This funding is specifically for children, including undocumented children. To schedule an appointment for a pediatric physical, call 352-334-7910. To schedule an appointment for a pediatric dental exam instead, call 352-334-8839. When you call to schedule, mention that you need funding from the Medical Guild Grant.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccines
FREE COVID-19 testing is available at the SW Health Clinic on Mondays and Fridays. Call 352-334-7910 to make an appointment. During the call, be sure to specify you want COVID-19 testing at the SW Health Clinic. Otherwise, you will be scheduled for the drive-thru site.
Vaccines are available on Mondays by appointment only. In addition, testing and vaccine events continue throughout the community. Vaccinations will also be available at High Schools ages 16 and up. Please see the PDF to the right for important information about vaccines for high schoolers.
For additional information about vaccines available to Alachua County residents, call 352-334-8810. You can call between 8:00 am and midnight during any day of the week.
How to Prepare
- Before you come, call the clinic to make an appointment. Some walk-in spots are available but call ahead to confirm.
- Bring identification. A picture ID is preferred, but if no picture ID is available, other forms of ID such as voter registration card, birth certificate, hospital records, pay stub, etc. will be accepted.
- If you have health insurance, bring any applicable insurance cards.
- Also bring income verification. For example, this could include pay stubs, a DCF/Food Stamp Award Letter, or a letter from a family member or friend. If your job was recently terminated, bring a final paycheck or statement on company letterhead that you are no longer employed.
- To get your appointment, complete the Dental Services Pre-eligibility Screening (health history questionnaire/ financial need assessment) at the clinic.
- Dental walk-ins are available once per morning, once per afternoon. Walk-ins will be first-come-first-served and for emergencies only. Hours are 8-5, with a one-hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00.
- STD testing and treatment
- Family planning (birth control prescribing & dispensing)
- HIV testing
- Adult physicals
- Clinical care
- WIC services (Thursdays)
- Pediatric services
- Birth certificates and related services
- Low-cost dental services
- Comprehensive exams
The SW Health Clinic cannot accommodate non-medical volunteers at this time. If you are a doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, dentist, dental assistant, or another medical professional interested in volunteering, contact Brad Caron at Brad.Caron@flhealth.gov or fill out our “Contact Us” form. Please make sure that you let us know that you are interested in volunteering at the SW Health Clinic (not the main branch of the health department, or the resource center) so that you will get properly connected.
Monica Arias translated this page into Spanish through the PerMondo project for the free translation of web pages and documents for NGOs and non-profit associations. The project is directed by Mondo Agit.